2013. január 29., kedd

Driver's compartment ready

Just finished the driver's compartment at the weekend. The chipping and other fancy "weathering" stuff was intentionally kept to minimum as the vehicle was quite a new one. Some dry-brushing on the steering and braking system is hardly visible on the photos. Next time I'll spray a much lighter shade of both the green and red-brown but this time I didn't want to spend more time with a part which won't be visible. Now it comes to the funny parts: the hull. With lots of PE and worries.

2013. január 13., vasárnap


I've painted the drivers compartment. I hesitated a lot what colors to use as the vehicle is a late war model but based on the same basis as the Pz 38(t) tanks. But I'm quite sure that it wasn't constructed by "cutting down the tank parts and welding on the flak parts" method so the early war Czech paint scheme was not good for my purpose. Instead I decided to use the red-oxide floor, Elfenbein walls and green machinery as an alternative. No clue how exact it is historically (I guess not too much) but it seems to be a probable alternative - and not to forget: it won't be visible after finishing the model. The red-oxide color was a gloss paint so I had to overspray it several times with flat cote but with moderate succes. My explanation of the result is that the floor was greasy and oily... the wall is not purely white but the lighting and the camera of my iPhone resulted in a much lighter color than it is in reality.
 The green parts look nice with a little shine on them (though the paint was flat as indicated), maybe I could use a lighter shade as the weathering will not be too visible on this color. (note: the exact color codes must be updated to this blog entry)

And finally - after a few years of modelling I first time felt that I've cleaned my airbrush really thoroughly. Sounds a bit odd but it's true - now it shines like diamond and sprays like hell :)