2011. január 8., szombat

Priming, mess and hairspray...

Months passing by and I'm slower (in modeling) than ever. Though my new workbench is still beautiful, huge and messy with plenty of place to store my things and if the bench was not enough than I could put everything on the shelves... as seen below:

This weekend seems quiet (I've been waiting for a weekend like this for such a long time...) and finally I could do some modelling. I continued the Panzerbefehlswagen IB as it is quite close to finishing and I need the sweet taste of finishing a project. :) I primed the model well before we've moved to our new house...


Now I painted it to panzergrey (used Gunze's No401 paint without any lightening as I plan to paint a heavily whitewashed vehicle so this grey will be hardly visible). I love the tone and texture of Gunze paints by the way. Or have I mentioned that yet?

Of course the wheels and other small, later-to-attach stuff was painted as well. Next will be some gloss cote and than the hairspray + whitewash. Though I'm bit afraid of that as I've never tried and the timing will be also interesting as I would need at least 2-3 undisturbed hours to complete the hairspray + white + washing back procedure.
The base is also in construction. I glued the Miniart base together (quite fair amount of sanding was needed but it'll worth I think) and primed with Vallejo black primer.

I'll do the door from wood just for the sake of mimicking reality. I'm in trouble with the "meaning" or the "message" of the dio as it is quite small and I'm quite without fantasy (this time). The vehicle will be one of the Pz's used on the back lines for command tasks. Maybe an artillery unit commander's wagen? 1942-43? I have the figure into the turret:

I plan to cut the radio stuff from it and would put binoculars in his hand with a map. Absolutely flat and "fantasy-less" idea. Maybe a guy in greatcoat beside the vehicle pointing somewhere with his fingers? Ehh... I don't mind if it will be unimaginative. I would like to finish it professionally. To learn how to do whitewash. And snow. And ice. And cold on a 20x20 cm dio.

And not to forget the pre-christmas period when I was waiting for my wife in a huge toy-store (she was buying presents for the kids in the family) - and bought two oldie but interesting kits. Pretending I'm a time-millionaire... This kit was bought because of my wife. REALLY. :) She saw a 250/1 in a documentary film and said that it was a nice vehicle, why I hadn't built that before?

And this was bought just for fun and because it was very cheap...

That's all for today. I hope tomorrow I can try the hairspray technique on the wheels.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése