2011. január 9., vasárnap

Whitewash

I tested the hairspray method and it worket quite well. Two layers of hairspray went on the wheels leaving 20 minutes of drying between. Though I think it was equivalent of three layers as I sprayed it from a short distance...

Then Gunze Flat White followed...

When the white has dried (30 minutes) I scrubbed the wheels with a short-bristle brush and the result was satisfying.

At some point I scrubbed it too strong and the primer became visible but as the wheels will be heavily weathered that won't be a problem. To avoid it on the vehicle I used gloss cote (that is also good for the markings...) to seal the base color. And also will use less hairspray and lighter coat of white as can be seen in the discussion here. By the way the base color was lightened a bit with panzergrey + sand + white (well... I think it's absolutely not visible on the photo.) Not too much. But feels better now :)



Next will be the markings and the hairspray method on the vehicle. Maybe next weekend...

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése